Saturday, August 05, 2017

Marie Claire: The very gross reason you should never wear shoes indoors

Marie Claire: The very gross reason you should never wear shoes indoors

by Penny Goldstone


"And in case that wasn’t enough to make your skin crawl, you have to worry about toxins too. Another study by Baylor University found that toxins from asphalt roads sealed with col tar have an increased risk of cancer from toxins. Said toxins settle as dust particles, which can attach themselves to your shoes.

Dr Reynolds says, ‘Think about rain water in the street. It can have gasoline in it and chemicals, and those get on your shoes and can be brought into your home.’

Oh, and then there’s the obvious factor of dirt, which is always a pain to clean off carpet, right?

The moral of the story is we are going to stock up on some decent slippers, stat."

No comments: